Petkeen is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commision. Learn More
25 Chihuahua Mixes
The Chihuahua has a lot going for it. It’s an adaptable dog that is affectionate with its family. It’s playful and easy to groom, even if it is a bit feisty. It makes an excellent parent breed if you want to expand on these desirable qualities, as many have if the number of hybrids is any indication. The pups themselves are adorable with names nearly as cute and imaginative. Think you know the Chihuahua? Think again!
Top 25 Chihuahua Mixes:
1. Cheagle (Beagle x Chihuahua)
The Cheagle takes some of the fierceness that some Chihuahuas have, with the friendliness and happy-go-lucky attitude of the Beagle. The latter also brings more energy and playfulness for a winning mix. And did we say it’s cute?
2. Chi-Poo (Poodle x Chihuahua)
It’s hard not to notice the intelligence of the Toy Poodle in the Chi-Poo. Of course, the Poodle doesn’t shed, which you may see in a multi-generational pup. In the meantime, enjoy the sweet nature of this breed.
3. Chizer (Chihuahua x Miniature Schnauzer)
If you want a dog with an attitude, look no further than the Chizer. Even its name sounds mean. The Miniature Schnauzer adds its tenacity and intelligence to this hybrid. Everything about the breed is at the highest level.
4. BoChi (Boston Terrier x Chihuahua)
The similar body shapes of these two parent breeds make this combo a natural. The Boston Terrier is a sweetheart that brings an eagerness to please to this good-looking mix. There’s so much to love about the BoChi!
5. Chug (Pug x Chihuahua)
The Chug combines the sassiness of the Chihuahua with the adorable antics of the Pug. You get a clown that doesn’t know when to leave the stage! This one is definitely a keeper and an ideal companion animal.
6. Chion (Papillon x Chihuahua)
The Chion benefits from the outgoing personality of the Papillon, with its adorable butterfly-shaped ears. It’s a smart dog that will make training easier, although it may also bring seasonal shedding onboard. We love the elegance the Papillon brings to the mix.
7. Chi-Apso (Lhasa Apso x Chihuahua)
The Chi-Apso combines the sassiness of the Chihuahua with the lovable personality of the Lhasa Apso, a pup born to steal the show. Even if this hybrid gets its coat, grooming is minimal, with weekly combing to keep the mats in check.
8. Bolo-Chi (Bolognese x Chihuahua)
The Bolognese can add just the right amount of calmness to the Chihuahua that may even make you think it’s an easygoing pup. The combination is all about companionship and being affectionate with their families.
9. Silkyhuahua (Silky Terrier x Chihuahua)
The Silky Terrier is more of a dainty pup than you may typically associate with terriers. That’s why it’s such an excellent match-up with the Chihuahua. The mix may ramp up the grooming, but it will also tame the rough edges to make a delightful pet.
10. Chi Chon (Chihuahua x Bichon Frise)
The Bichon Frise ups the charm and personality of the Chi Chon, with its cute looks and kind demeanor. You can almost think of this half of the hybrid has its manager and coach. We think it works splendidly!
11. Chorgi (Chihuahua x Corgi)
The Chorgi isn’t your average dog. The Corgi spices things up with high energy and a tough attitude that complements the Chihuahua. At the end of the day, this hybrid is definitely a cuddler that is willing to shower you with love.
12. Affenhuahua (Affenpinscher x Chihuahua)
Just when you thought there could be no end to the pep and fearlessness of the Chihuahua, here comes the Affenhuahua. The Affenpinscher keeps it fun, with its unexpected antics. It makes us think why this cross didn’t happen earlier.
13. Chi Chi (Chihuahua x Chinese Crested)
Just saying Chi Chi is fun enough, with a mix that promises a wild ride. The Chinese Crested brings its storied past and reference as the Dr. Seuss Dog. The energy factor gets a boost, too, in this fascinating hybrid.
14. Jack Chi (Jack Russell x Chihuahua)
Life will never be boring again, once you invite a Jack Chi into your life. It’s the Chihuahua on a double-shot espresso, with the hardworking nature of the Jack Russell. It’s an excellent choice for active families.
15. French Bullhuahua (Chihuahua x French Bulldog)
You may have a hard time finding this pup, given the popularity of the French Bulldog. If you’re lucky, you’ll be able to enjoy the darling pup that takes the rough edges off the tenacity of the Chihuahua. It’s one dog that will have people asking you what it is when you take your pooch for a walk.
16. Cheenese (Havanese + Chihuahua)
The Havanese is a wonderful choice as a parent breed for this hybrid. It makes the Cheenese easier to train while making it fun. We dare you not to laugh at this pup’s hilarious antics, starting with trying to pronounce its name!
17. Chat Terrier (Chihuahua x Rat Terrier)
The Rat Terrier gives the Chihuahua someplace to channel its feistiness toward rodents and other pests. Keep an eye on this one to make sure it doesn’t fall its prey drive out of the backyard! After all, terriers will be terriers.
18. Chi-Spaniel (Cocker Spaniel x Chihuahua)
The Cocker Spaniel is an ideal parent breed that ramps up the happiness and lovable factors. And who can resist its big, brown eyes? The Chi-Spaniel captures it all, with an affectionate and loyal pet. The kids will have a pup always ready for a game of fetch.
19. Italian Greyhuahua (Italian Greyhound x Chihuahua)
The delicate appearance of the Italian Greyhound belies the fact that it’s a tough dog and a fitting parent breed. It also brings independence to the table that comes from a pup that has some friends in high places, i.e., royalty.
20. Toxirn (Cairn Terrier x Chihuahua)
The addition of the Cairn Terrier adds some liveliness to the mix. Curiosity also gets a boost from this pup. The Toxirn is a stocky pooch that has the hardiness to match the Chihuahua’s personality. And if you have a problem with mice, the Toxirn is your dog.
21. Taco Terrier (Toy Fox Terrier x Chihuahua)
The name is sure to make you laugh. One look at this pup, and you’ll think it’s as fitting as we do. This hybrid does stray far from its history as a circus performer. It’ll learn tricks as easily as if it was still in the show ring, especially if there are treats involved.
22. Scotchi (Scottish Terrier x Chihuahua)
If the Scottish Terrier and Chihuahua were humans, they’d be BFFs because they would probably respect each other’s tenacity and stubbornness. That makes the hybrid so unique as a pet. The terrier gives it the bulk to back up the bark.
23. Chipin (Miniature Pinscher x Chihuahua)
The name of the Miniature Pinscher lives up to the associations you may have with its bigger cousin. This pup has the courage and fearlessness to earn the name. It’s a natural segue to the Chipin, with all bases covered.
24. Chorkie (Yorkshire Terrier x Chihuahua)
The Yorkshire Terrier makes the Chorkie everything you could want in a toy breed. It’s another sweetheart that makes the Chihuahua even more lovable. The Yorkie reminds the Chihuahua of who’s in charge in the pet-owner relationship.
25. Chiweenie (Dachshund x Chihuahua)
While the Chihuahua is wary of strangers, the Dachshund thinks new people are friends that it hasn’t met yet. That makes this pup a delightful pet. This hybrid has a keen sense of smell and, thus, a strong prey drive.
The Chihuahua is an excellent choice for a parent breed. It brings loyalty and friendliness to the forefront, providing a desirable foundation for a mix with this toy dog. We suggest sticking with like-sized breeds to reduce the risk of inappropriate crosses that can increase health risks. Fortunately, you have many from which to choose that go beyond our list.
Featured Image Credit: HG-Fotografie, Pixabay
Nicole is the proud mom of Baby, a Burmese cat and Rosa, a New Zealand Huntaway. A Canadian expat, Nicole now lives on a lush forest property with her Kiwi husband in New Zealand. She has a strong love for all animals of all shapes and sizes (and particularly loves a good interspecies friendship) and wants to share her animal knowledge and other experts’ knowledge with pet lovers across the globe.
- Top 25 Chihuahua Mixes:
- 1. Cheagle (Beagle x Chihuahua)
- 2. Chi-Poo (Poodle x Chihuahua)
- 3. Chizer (Chihuahua x Miniature Schnauzer)
- 4. BoChi (Boston Terrier x Chihuahua)
- 5. Chug (Pug x Chihuahua)
- 6. Chion (Papillon x Chihuahua)
- 7. Chi-Apso (Lhasa Apso x Chihuahua)
- 8. Bolo-Chi (Bolognese x Chihuahua)
- 9. Silkyhuahua (Silky Terrier x Chihuahua)
- 10. Chi Chon (Chihuahua x Bichon Frise)
- 11. Chorgi (Chihuahua x Corgi)
- 12. Affenhuahua (Affenpinscher x Chihuahua)
- 13. Chi Chi (Chihuahua x Chinese Crested)
- 14. Jack Chi (Jack Russell x Chihuahua)
- 15. French Bullhuahua (Chihuahua x French Bulldog)
- 16. Cheenese (Havanese + Chihuahua)
- 17. Chat Terrier (Chihuahua x Rat Terrier)
- 18. Chi-Spaniel (Cocker Spaniel x Chihuahua)
- 19. Italian Greyhuahua (Italian Greyhound x Chihuahua)
- 20. Toxirn (Cairn Terrier x Chihuahua)
- 21. Taco Terrier (Toy Fox Terrier x Chihuahua)
- 22. Scotchi (Scottish Terrier x Chihuahua)
- 23. Chipin (Miniature Pinscher x Chihuahua)
- 24. Chorkie (Yorkshire Terrier x Chihuahua)
- 25. Chiweenie (Dachshund x Chihuahua)
- Final Thoughts