Petkeen is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commision. Learn More
100+ Duck Names: Ideas for Quirky & Adorable Ducks
Splish splash – adopting a pet ducky to join in your bath? Although this is a cute and fun idea – ducks are actually not considered “house pets” and are not usually domestic. If you are looking to add a pet duck to the fam, it’s likely because one of these little buddies has wandered into your yard and into your heart. So the best thing you can do is set them up with a stellar outdoor living space, such as a dog shelter, where they are free to roam and come and go as they please.
If a ducky has wandered into your life, and you want to pair them with a name – we have you covered. We have gathered the good duck names for females and males and included lists of our favorite baby, cute, funny, and famous duck names for you to get quackin’ over.
Good luck & happy searching!!
Female Duck Names
Male Duck Names
Baby Duck Names
How sweet are ducklings? Fluffy and fuzzy, long before they get their grown-up feathers. Their tiny and endearing quacks melt us every time we hear them. Maybe you are looking to name a single ducky, or a group of ducklings, otherwise known as a brood – either way, you should be able to find some inspiration from the following:
Funny Duck Names
A comical name for your pet duck is a great option as their honking and strutting could be pretty hilarious. We are certain these suggestions will have you quacking up! For punny and hilarious names, read on!
- Hot Wings
- Christie Beakly
- James Pond
- Duck Norris
- Fire Quacker
- Quack Effron
- Duckleberry Finn
- Foie Gras
- Uncle Quacker
- Mother Ducker
- El Quacko
- Quack Sparrow
- Quackie Chan
- Sir Quacks A Lot
- Quacker Jack
Cute Duck Names
Ducks have this way about them that makes us believe they are aloof and clueless, but they are, in fact, so smart! Their naive traits make them absolutely adorable, and truly, there is nothing quite as cute a duckling. Simply precious!
Famous Duck Names
Duck characters are a dime a dozen, but we have the best of the best cartoon duck names here for you to consider—famous names from movies, television, and literature. Trying to keep tabs on your feathery friend may have you feel a bit like a paparazzi, so one of these names is sure to be a good fit!
- Donald Duck (Disney)
- Scrooge McDuck (Ducktales)
- Drake Mallard (Darkwing Duck)
- Della Duck (Ducktales)
- Daisy Duck (Disney)
- Psyduck (Pokemon)
- Count Duckula (Danger Mouse)
- Plucky Ducky (Tiny Toon Adventures)
- Ming Ming Duckling (Wonder Pets)
- Huey (Disney)
- Daffy Duck (Looney Tunes)
- Duckworth (Ducktales)
- Dewey (Disney)
- Drake Mallard (Darkwing Duck)
- Ferdinand (Babe)
- Duck Dodger (Looney Tunes)
- Becky (Finding Dory)
- Launchpad McQuack (DuckTales)
- Gizmoduck (Darkwing Duck)
- Daphne Duck (Looney Tunes)
- Louie (Disney)
- Webbigail Vanderquack (Ducktales)
Bonus: Duck Dynasty Names
Whether you live out in the country or reside in the city, we can almost guarantee that you’re heard of the interesting television show, Duck Dynasty. The show follows an eclectic family who famously received their name inspired by their successful family business, Duck Commander. Each of the characters adds a different aspect to show – humor, seriousness, aloofness, and of course, wildness and unpredictability. We thought this family would be a fairly cute idea for naming a family of ducks you may have roaming in your yard!
Finding the Right Name for Your Duck
Deciding on a name as goofy and free as your duck or duckling might leave you feeling a bit quacky, but we hope that our list of 100+ Duck names has given you some clarity. Whether you found a famous name such as Donald or Daisy fitting or thought an adorably obvious name like Loony or Bill suitable – we are sure you found names to add to your shortlist for all kinds of ducks!
If you are having trouble selecting just one, here are a few things to consider when filtering through your options:
- Factor in the personality your duck or wee duckling has. Watch them interact with other ducks, or see how they eat or waddle. You might even consider the sound of their quack or the piddle paddle of their feet.
- Test out your favorites on your sweet duck! Their reaction might give you a good indication that they like (or dislike) the way a name sounds. You might also try it in a few tones to see what types of results you get!
- Ask a few of your trusted peers to give their input. If you are really stuck, a few outside opinions might help guide you in the right direction. We recommend keeping this to a small circle of people – too much input might confuse you even more.
- Finally, love the name that you choose. Your duck or duckling will appreciate whichever name you pick. Truthfully, they may not even know it belongs to them – so follow your gut, trust your heart, and don’t be afraid to get creative! It should be a fun process so don’t overthink it, and enjoy your journey!
We hope these tips have helped steer you in the right direction. If not, below, we have linked a few pet posts that may give you additional inspiration to find the perfect name for your waddling bud!
Feature Image Credit: Shutterstock | Plus69
Nicole is the proud mom of Baby, a Burmese cat and Rosa, a New Zealand Huntaway. A Canadian expat, Nicole now lives on a lush forest property with her Kiwi husband in New Zealand. She has a strong love for all animals of all shapes and sizes (and particularly loves a good interspecies friendship) and wants to share her animal knowledge and other experts’ knowledge with pet lovers across the globe.