Petkeen is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commision. Learn More
20 Extremely Funny Ferret Memes (Best Of 2021)
Ferrets can make wonderful pets. They’re a ton of fun to play with, and you can lose hours petting them and scratching them behind their little ears.
The real reason to own a ferret, though, is to see the looks on their faces as they interact with the world around them.
These expressions make them natural meme stars, and there are wonderful ferret memes on the internet. We collected 20 of the funniest ferret memes online today for your giggling pleasure.
While looking at these pictures isn’t as fun as owning an actual ferret, it’s a pretty close second.
1. The Face of Pure Disappointment
Sometimes, things just don’t go our way, no matter how hard we try. That’s the lesson that this ferret has learned the hard way. Where is the ball? Why won’t someone bring it back? Why is life so cruel and unforgiving?
Good questions, ferret. Good questions.
2. Leave Us Alone
There’s nothing worse than having to listen to someone who won’t stop talking even though they don’t have much to say. While you probably can’t be as brutally honest as this ferret is, you can always think it.
Ferrets are awesome, but only someone who’s owned one can understand just how destructive they can be. They can tear up your entire house, and yes, that includes your Slinkies.
4. Only Ferret Owners Will Understand …
Unless you’ve tried to walk through a house with a ferret in it, you’ll never understand how nerve-wracking each step can be. Where is the ferret? You aren’t going to step on it, are you?
Yes, you are, and no, they aren’t going to forgive you.
5. You and Me Both, Bud
The great thing about mornings is that you can sleep through them without missing anything. Unfortunately, though, sometimes, people won’t let you sleep in (and sometimes, that person is your ferret).
6. One of Life’s Great Mysteries
Why do ferret feet smell like corn chips? Is it weird that the smell is so soothing? How are we going to explain ourselves if someone walks in and catches us sniffing ferret feet?
7. Ninjas. That’s Our Story and We’re Sticking to It
When you own a ferret, any enclosed surface is fair game for them to hide in. That means you have to check your purse before you leave the house, your luggage before you go on a trip, and your sock drawer before you close it.
The good news is that ever since we got a ferret, we’ve never seen a ninja, so they must be doing a good job of keeping them at bay.
8. Let’s Go Ahead and Blame This One on Ninjas Too
Ferrets can get themselves in the oddest predicaments. This little fellow found a nice little oasis to cool off in, and what more can you ask for? It’s nice and cool in here, it smells nice, and hey, a whirlpool!
9. If You Want Us Up in the Mornings, You Have to Make It Worth Our While
We’ve already established that we’re not morning people, and now you want to take away our coffee? You can make us rise, but unless you caffeinate us, don’t expect any shining to occur.
10. This Is the Moment in Which You Realize That You’ve Lost
There comes a time in every ferret owner’s life when they realize that they’ve lost control — and the ferret has found it.
This is the moment in which you realize that you’re the pet now.
- Related Read: How to Potty Train a Ferret (5 Quick Steps)
11. It’s the Lack of Shame That Makes It Worse
It’s not hard to catch a ferret misbehaving — all you have to do is open your eyes. Unfortunately, getting them to feel guilty about misbehaving is another matter entirely.
There’s nothing quite as demoralizing as scolding a ferret, only to see clearly in their eyes that they’re just going to do it again as soon as your back is turned.
12. Kisses Make Everything Better
Just when you’ve reached your breaking point with your furry little bandit, they’ll come right up to you and give you a little kiss to immediately get back in your good graces. It’s manipulative — and adorable.
Then again, they may just be tasting us so they know whether to eat us in our sleep.
13. Everything Always Has to Be So Dramatic
Ferrets don’t get hungry — they’re constantly starving to death. They’re not shy about letting you know it either. They’ll perform full-out dramatic death scenes to let you know just how dire the situation is.
Do they ever care if you’re hungry, though? They don’t. All they want to know is if you’ve got any food left.
14. Little Animals, Big Attitudes
Ferrets always look like they’re one drink shy of starting a rumble. They may not be that big, but they make up for it by being feisty — and they’ll sock you in the mouth if you cross them.
15. No One Consulted the Dog Before Getting the Ferret
Ferrets can be taught to get along well with dogs and cats, but no one ever asks the dog or cat if they want a ferret in the house. It’s like getting an unexpected little brother, one that eats your food, steals your toys, and bites your ears.
We probably could’ve just stopped that sentence at, “It’s like getting an unexpected little brother.”
16. Ferrets Need Their Space — But Only When You’re Not Trying to Give It to Them
You’ll need to provide a cage that’s large enough to give your ferret plenty of room to move around. They need their space, after all.
At least, that’s what we’re told. As far as we can tell, the only space that they want is the one that we’re currently occupying.
17. Nothing Is Safe, Nothing Is Sacred
There’s nothing quite like getting home from a hard day of work, pulling out a snifter and a bottle, starting your pour, and seeing ferret fur. The little monster has been sleeping in your liquor glasses again.
That’s the thing about owning ferrets: They’ll drive you to drink, but they probably won’t let you get all the way there.
18. Your Stuff Is My Stuff, and My Stuff Is My Stuff
There is no hiding things from ferrets. The best you can do is make them work to get them.
So, go ahead, hide your treats and valuables in hard-to-reach places. All you’ll do is ensure that you can’t find them when you need them.
- Read Also: 10 Best Ferret Toys: Reviews & Top Picks
19. No, I Haven’t Heard of Personal Bubbles. Why Do You Ask?
“Hey, what are you doing? Are you eating something? Let me see. No, bring it back — I can’t see it when you shove it in your gigantic piehole. That’s okay, I’ll just get it out of your mouth. Hey! No pushing! If I didn’t know any better, I’d think you didn’t want me to forage through your molars for food!”
20. We Wouldn’t Have It Any Other Way
As difficult as owning a ferret can be, once you get one, there’s no going back. They simply make life more fun.
Also, do you really want to live in a world where none of your favorite socks have been chewed to ribbons?
Which Ferret Meme Is Your Favorite?
Looking at ferret memes is like eating potato chips — once you start, it’s hard to stop. Fortunately, unlike potato chips, your little weasel can’t chew through a bag of ferret memes and eat them all before you get the chance.
No, we’re not speaking from experience. Why do you ask?
Featured Image Credit: Christels, pixabay
Quincy has been around mutts his entire life and has been writing about them for the past nine years and now consists of sharing a house with three spoiled pups who couldn’t hold down a job to save their lives. Quincy never intended to be a cat person. When his wife brought home a kitten one day, he told her she had one week to find it a new home. That week turned into 10 years (his wife moves very slowly), and that kitten turned into three (they got two more, the kitten didn’t self-replicate). After a decade of sharing his home with the dogs and three cats, one horrifying realization finally set in: oh God, he’s a cat person now too, isn’t he???
- 1. The Face of Pure Disappointment
- 2. Leave Us Alone
- 3. Death to Slinky
- 4. Only Ferret Owners Will Understand …
- 5. You and Me Both, Bud
- 6. One of Life’s Great Mysteries
- 7. Ninjas. That’s Our Story and We’re Sticking to It
- 8. Let’s Go Ahead and Blame This One on Ninjas Too
- 9. If You Want Us Up in the Mornings, You Have to Make It Worth Our While
- 10. This Is the Moment in Which You Realize That You’ve Lost
- 11. It’s the Lack of Shame That Makes It Worse
- 12. Kisses Make Everything Better
- 13. Everything Always Has to Be So Dramatic
- 14. Little Animals, Big Attitudes
- 15. No One Consulted the Dog Before Getting the Ferret
- 16. Ferrets Need Their Space — But Only When You’re Not Trying to Give It to Them
- 17. Nothing Is Safe, Nothing Is Sacred
- 18. Your Stuff Is My Stuff, and My Stuff Is My Stuff
- 19. No, I Haven’t Heard of Personal Bubbles. Why Do You Ask?
- 20. We Wouldn’t Have It Any Other Way
- Which Ferret Meme Is Your Favorite?