Pet Keen advocates for adopting before shopping. We of course understand that certain species of animals like many exotic fish or reptiles are almost impossible to adopt and that certain breeds of animals fit certain homes, lifestyles, and personalities, where others may not.
But before you seek out a breeder, we encourage you to check with your local pet rescue organizations to see if your future pet is waiting for you.
If they’re not, then we strongly encourage you to ensure the breeder you choose has ethical and registered practices.
You can find more details on how to find the right dog breeder here.
Be sure to check out our posts on finding cat breeders as well!
We wish you all the best in your journey to find your next family member.
If you are interested in learning more about adopting a pet we recommend these helpful posts:
- 11 Benefits of Adopting a Pet
- 13 Pet Adoption & Shelter Statistics
- Cat Adoption Checklist: Everything New Parents Need To Know and Buy
- Considerations for a Responsible Dog Breeder
- How to Find a Responsible Cat Breeder: 5 Tips
Featured Image Credit: tonyfortku, Pixabay